- Name: Mammuthus primigenius
- Name Meaning: Earth Burrower
- Diet: Herbivore
- Height: 3 meters (10 feet) at the shoulder
- Time Period: Late Pleistocene to Holocene
- Classification: Proboscidea --> Elephantidae
- Place Found: North America, Europe, northern Asia
- Describer: Blumenbach, 1799
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: None
- Owner: Wild
- Location: Stone Age Hokkaido, Japan
- Appears In: The Search for the Last Cosmos Stone
A woolly mammoth in the prehistoric Stone Age swallows the Black Cosmos Stone in episode 77 after the Stone gets ejected from the erupting volcano. Upon Max realizing that he and his father had excavated a mammoth skeleton under volcanic rock three years before the present day and location suggesting it to be the same mammoth that ate the Stone, the Backlander heads to the site and scares the past Max and Dr. Taylor away with a simulated earthquake. When the Space Pirates arrive and try to capture the D-Team and Alpha Gang, they're teleported back onto the Backlander along with the mammoth skeleton, from which Dr. Z retrieves the Cosmos Stone.
- It seemingly appears as toy #37 in the Dinosaur King toyline created by Sega. 
- Though woolly mammoths aren't usually known from Japan, their range did extend into the northern island of Hokkaido that they are shown to be on by the map (see Gallery).
- It is one of the only individuals in the show to be shown as having died; though it is confirmed for a multitude of other Mesozoic dinosaurs seen, they were never seen afterwards.