- Name: Tapejara wellnhoferi
- Name Meaning: Ancient Being
- Diet: Piscivore
- Wingspan: 3-6 meters (10-20 feet)
- Time Period: Early Cretaceous
- Classification: Pterosauria --> Pterodactyloidea --> Azhdarchoidea --> Tapejaridae
- Place Found: Brazil
- Describer: Kellner, 1989
Dinosaur King Statistics
- Attribute: Normal
- Arcade Nickname:
- Japanese: 異形の翼竜
- English: The Odd Winged Dragon
- Assist Moves:
In Move Cards
- Attribute: Normal
- Appears In:
- Dr. Taylor's arcade comments:
- English: Has a very large crest on its head, but its function is unknown.
- There are two body models for Tapejara in Dinosaur King. The Tapejara that appear in the earlier Move Cards Quick Strike and Tie Breaker have been reclassified as Tupandactylus navigans, while the Tapejara that appears in the later Move Card Tapejara Dive is the true Tapejara: Tapejara wellnhoferi.
- Like the other dinosaurs from the arcade's first round of Assist Normal Moves, Velociraptor and Cryolophosaurus, the Tie Breaker/Quick Strike Tapejara have an alternate purple coloration used by Player 2 or for Alpha Fortress story mode battles.
- In Tapejara Dive, the color of it's sign (Paper, blue) doesn't quite match its own color (black), but that pattern is present in the other two Dive Moves, Tupuxuara Dive and Anhanguera Dive. Its previous design from its other Moves, however, is a closer match (teal).
- It and Quetzalcoatlus were the only pterosaurs that did not appear in the anime.
|p · e · t||Move Card Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Anhanguera · Archaeopteryx · Cryolophosaurus · Dromiceiomimus · Gallimimus · Leaellynasaura · Pawpawsaurus · Piatnitzkysaurus · Quetzalcoatlus · Segnosaurus · Stegoceras · Struthiomimus · Tapejara · Troodon · Tupuxuara · Velociraptor|
|Grass:||Minmi · Muraenosaurus · Oviraptor · Pteranodon · Seismosaurus · Supersaurus · Tupuxuara|
|Water:||Futabasaurus · Ophthalmosaurus|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.