The largest pachycephalosaurian, Pachycephalosaurus is also the most well-known (by the public) of them. Despite this, it is only known from skull material. The maximum estimated size of the dinosaur has also decreased over time, but is still uncertain.
- Name: Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis
- Name Meaning: Thick-Headed Lizard
- Diet: Herbivore/Omnivore (?)
- Length: 4.5-8 meters (15-26 feet)
- Time Period: Late Cretaceous
- Classification: Pachycephalosauria --> Pachycephalosauridae
- Found: Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota USA
- Describer: Gilmore, 1931
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: Scissors
- Power: 2000
- Technique: 1000
- Scissors (Critical): 620
- Rock/Paper: 540
- Blitz Type (Japanese 2007 1st Edition+ & Secret's Egg card; English & Taiwanese Secret Battle game)
- Tie Type (Japanese 2007 2nd & 4th Edition; English & Taiwanese Series 2)
- Strength Type (Japanese Kakushin 3rd Edition)
- Revival Type (Fossil) (Japanese Kakushin 6th Edition)
- Arcade Nickname:
- Japanese: 激烈石頭
- English: The Extreme Hardhead
- Taiwanese: 激烈鐵頭
- Move Cards:
- 2007 1st Edition+ (S04-竜; Blitz Type)
- 2007 2nd Edition (SP05-竜; Tie Type)
- 2007 4th Edition (SP07-竜; Tie Type)
- 2007 4th Edition+'s Secret Egg (EGG-010-竜; Blitz Type)
- Kakushin 3rd Edition (SP17-竜; Strength Type)
- Kakushin 4th Edition's Secret Egg II (EGG-020-竜; Blitz Type)
- Kakushin 6th Edition Hyper Battle Museum Fossil Card (KS023-竜; Revival Type)
- Series 2 1st Edition (S03-Dino; Blitz Type)
- Series 2 2nd Edition (SP04-Dino; Tie Type)
- Series 2 4th Edition (SP07-Dino; Tie Type)
- Series 2 1st Edition (S03-龍; Blitz Type)
- Series 2 2nd Edition (SP04-龍; Tie Type)
- Series 2 4th Edition (SP07-龍; Tie Type)
- Series 2 5th Edition (SP??-龍; Blitz Type)
- Attribute: Secret
- Name: Pachy (Japanese)
- Owner: Dr. Z (Alpha Gang), Wild, Max Taylor (D-Team), Zoe Drake (D-Team)
- Location: Pisa, Italy (it quickly reached Rome)
- Debut: Child's Play
- Dinosaurs Defeated: Spiny, Terry, Black T-Rex (in Super Fusion Move)
- Other: The light shining from its head dome can be extremely bright, requiring sunglasses to look at it safely; in turn, it is fascinated by the sun and always chasing after it. It is also very fast.
- Laser Ray
- Pachycephalosaurus charges and unleashes a thick beam or radiating cone of rainbow energy from its thick head dome at its opponent!
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: Scissors
- Power: 1800
- Level: 5
- Life: 3
- Card Code: DKTA-043/100, DKTA-099/100
- Card Rarity: Gold Rare, Colossal Rare
- Image From: Ep. 14 anime scene
- When you Dino Slash this Dinosaur, you can return one of your opponent's Dinosaurs in play to their hand.
- (This Dinosaur can use Super Moves of any Element. It must still meet any other requirements.)
Pachycephalosaurus was raised from an egg by Dr. Z in the Backlander/Zeta Point at an unclear point during Dr. Ancient's mission, where it enjoyed headbutting him. It had a Move Card fused into its head dome, making it into a natural ability of the dinosaur and turning it into the first Secret Dinosaur.
In Child's Play, his card was activated in Pisa, Italy, from sunlight reflecting off a window after a rainstorm. He ran amok, straightening the Leaning Tower of Pisa before running all the way to Rome and causing more trouble there. The D-Team sent Ace after him, but he outran Ace and knocked a line of columns down at him, forcing Rex to call him back. Pachycephalosaurus then ran after the sun, coming across the Alpha Gang. Dr. Z expected him to return to his ownership without question, but when he sent him after the D-Team, he instead ran to a glinting window. Dr. Z climbed up onto him, but he thrashed and threw the doctor off, chasing after the glint off an airplane. Reaching the Colosseum, Dr. Z sent an Alpha Ball to subdue Pachycephalosaurus, but he broke it and attacked. Spiny, Terry, and the D-Team's dinosaurs were summoned, but he ran up the audience seats toward the sun, chased by Spiny. He left Ace to get defeated by Spiny's Tail Smash, getting angry and defeating Spiny when clouds covered the sun; thinking everyone an enemy, he raced over to attack Chomp. He charged and fired Laser Ray, hurting Chomp and defeating Terry. But then, Pachycephalosaurus remembered his bond with Dr. Z, humbly approaching and letting him grab and hug his head…and then, like he had as a child, tossed up his head, launching Dr. Z into the air. However, then the clouds opened and the sun peeked through, and he raced to the top of the Colosseum stands and leapt into the air, using Laser Ray at the clouds before using up too much of his energy, returning to its card as it fell. Ursula grabbed the card, but Dr. Z fell onto her, and the card dropped to Max.
Several Pachycephalosaurus appeared in Max's dream in Metal Imbalance.
In the season finale, Max gave the Pachycephalosaurus card, along with the other Secret Dinosaurs, to Jonathan, who delivered them to Rex; Zoe then summoned him against the Black T-Rex. Dr. Z jumped onto his back, but Pachycephalosaurus flailed and eventually threw him off. He used Laser Ray as part of the Super Fusion Move that helped defeat the Black T-Rex after the third hit.
A recolored wild Pachycephalosaurus aided Chomp in fighting Terry when Dr. Z sent him after dinosaurs in the Cretaceous Period in Alien Parent Trap.
- Dr. Taylor's arcade card comments:
- Japanese: ヘルメットのような頭を持つ草食恐竜だ。頭のほねのあつさは25cmくらいあった。まさに石頭だ。
- English: A herbivore with a head like a helmet. Its skull's thickness is about 25cm thick. Definitely a bonehead.
- Taiwanese: 有著像頭盔一樣的頭的草食恐龍。頭骨的厚度大約為25公分，簡直就像石頭一樣。
- It is the second Secret Dinosaur appeared in arcade.
- In the arcade, Pachycephalosaurus has the same roar as Acrocanthosaurus and Seismosaurus, though its roar is a little bit different.
- In the Japanese 2007 2nd Edition (English & Taiwanese S2 2nd Edition), there were three types of its card. The difference was the word coloring: red, blue, and green.
- Along with Deinonychus and Therizinosaurus, it is one of the available dinosaurs in the Japanese Secret Egg I card.
- It is the 23rd dinosaur available in Fossil Card.
- When Pachycephalosaurus throws Dr. Z into the sky, his motivation is unclear. The D-Team assumes that even Dr. Z's own dinosaurs don't like him, but it instead appears as if he was only repeating the headbutting action he'd always done as a child, making it an accident. Alternately, he may have only been feigning forgiveness to get closer and get revenge. Whichever way, the dinosaur's perspective is never explicitly confirmed.
- When Dinosaur King was still airing, there was a website where you could catch dinosaurs in your own Dino Holders. Strangely, the website depicted Secret Dinosaurs as having one of the six regular Elements. Pachycephalosaurus was shown to have the Lightning Element, thus seemingly extending the range of the Lightning Dinosaurs to the whole of Marginocephalia (ceratopsians and pachycephalosaurians).
- The Pachycephalosaurus in Dinosaur King is larger than current estimates of the actual animal, though it fits with earlier, larger estimates. By modern estimates, Pachycephalosaurus were only about 14 ft long and stood around 5-6 ft (1.5-2.0 m) at the hips, little bigger than an average man.
- Pachycephalosaurus’ anime roar appears to be a mix of Megaraptor’s and the standard Grass Dinosaur roar.
- Pachycephalosaurus is the only Secret Dinosaur that appeared in the anime also as a prehistoric wild dinosaur (Alien Parent Trap).
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Brontikens · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|