- Name: Microraptor gui
- Name Meaning: Small Thief
- Diet: Carnivore
- Length: 77-90 centimeters (2.5-3 feet)
- Time Period: Early/Middle Cretaceous
- Classification: Dromaeosauridae --> Microraptoria
- Place Found: China
- Describer: Xu, 2003
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: None
- Owner: Dr. Z (Alpha Gang)
- Appears In: The Forestfire Effect, Fate of the Cosmos
- Other: It appears in the Late Jurassic period (despite having only existed in the Cretaceous) eating bugs near a herd of Tuojiangosaurus when the D-Team undoes the massive fire. Another is later seen celebrating victory with the D-Team, Alpha Gang, and the other dinosaurs on the Backlander after their battle against the Spectral Space Pirates.
- Name: Gaffer Miku [Kanji: ミクじいさん]
- Other: The Microraptor is the elder of Dino Village and is the leader.
- The Pterosaur and Dark Pterosaur appear to use greatly enlarged versions of the Microraptor character model as their basis.
- Microraptor, the Dainason Ammonite, and the anime's Woolly Mammoth are the only prehistoric creatures (and Microraptor the only dinosaur) featured in some form of Dinosaur King without any connection to a Dinosaur or Move card, having no role in the arcade game nor TCG, which is why most of its statistics in Dinosaur King don't exist. However, it would most likely be a Wind Dinosaur owing to its position as a small coelurosaur.
- Studies in 2012 showed that Microraptor is iridescent black, like a crow or blackbird. Its color in the anime is the complete opposite, being fluffy white, though this is purely coincidental as the anime was made several years before the finding.
- There is video of an unreleased Move Card in the Japanese arcade game which shows a golden glowing bird-like figure flying across the screen which vaguely resembles Microraptor, especially with its trailing tail strands. Whether this was intended to actually be Microraptor's eventual gameplay role is unknown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.