Helga had mistaken the Stone for the laundry 'detangler' ball, and when Ursula gives her the actual detangler ball, Helga tosses the Stone to the others. Everyone dodges out of the way, the dinos bouncing it around until Terry bites it up and goes wild before being restrained by the Alpha Trio. Everyone gathers around Terry to examine the Stone; Dr. Z secretly wants to use it to become Dinosaur King, while Max intends to exchange it for their parents, only needing to also grab one of the remaining two to stop the Space Pirates. The Pterosaur appears, congratulating them for finding it, and leads the Backlander toward another destination. Down the vortex, the Pirates are heading for Paris, France, in 1615, Spectre planning to force the trade only after securing the remaining Cosmos Stones. Drs. Ancient and Cretacia have repaired (and frilled up) the Cosmos Stone Detector, secretly disabling it by removing a small computer chip; Spectre sends Shear after the signal when they arrive.
Meanwhile, the childish, candy-obsessed King Louis is leaving (late) for the chateau of his uncle Duke Dumas with Princess Anne, his disgruntled bride-to-be. Immediately after his departure, Shear arrives and overhears through an open window a discussion between the Royal Mother (Louis' mom, who is ruling France in his name) and Chancellor Richelieu about a "Blue Eye of Gaia" jewel; assuming this to be the Cosmos Stone, she barges in and gets herself in on the search after a "friendly hint" from her Rajasaurus. The Eye was hidden a century ago in the wall of a building from the old regime. Based on the description, a plan is made to demolish the old (and currently in use) orphanage to find it (overheard by the attendant Lady Constance, who goes to warn them), although the Royal Mother plans to double-cross Shear and use the gemstone to let her son rule all of Europe. As the D-Team exits the time vortex, they figure out the connection between Cosmos Stone colors and Dinosaur Elements based on Terry's behavior, Zoe wondering if they'll find the Green Stone for Paris this time.
At the orphanage, D'Artagnan is training several other boys to defend Princess Anne one day when Lady Constance arrives. On the Backlander, the D-Team sees a group of children fighting soldiers with rocks and sticks—the orphans trying to stop Richelieu's men. Lady Constance tries to make Richelieu back down, Princess Anne is godmother to the orphanage, but with his orders from the Royal Mother herself, Richelieu has Shear call out Rajasaurus, which starts bashing the orphanage. The D-Team shows up and Max tries to make Shear trade the Red Cosmos Stone for their parents, but she is unwilling to trade when there are still two unclaimed Cosmos Stones, so Max summons Chomp instead. He fights Rajasaurus, trying to protect the orphanage, and eventually defeats Rajasaurus, but accidentally ends up basically destroying the building anyway in the process. Max cautiously reclaims its card as Richelieu's men search the wreckage, despite a matron claiming renovations have already removed nearly all of the original building. By sunset, they conclude the Blue Eye of Gaia isn't here and simply leave, leaving D'Artangnan blaming Max for causing this despite his attempt to help. The two are restrained by Rex and Zoe (and continue trying to fight) as they talk with Lady Constance about finding Princess Anne at Duke Dumas' chateau, the matron pointing out that the chateau also meets the description of the Blue Eye's hiding place. The D-Team offers to join Lady Constance to find the apparent Cosmos Stone and help out the orphanage, D'Artagnan insisting he go instead but being refused, being told to stay and protect the other kids.
Early the next morning, Lady Constance and the D-Team borrow the palace carriage and head out to the chateau to intercept Richelieu, discussing King Louis' unwillingness to rule, but a rock slide begins heading right towards the carriage…
Shear/Rajasaurus vs. Max/Chomp
After negotiations fail with Shear to stop Rajasaurus from destroying the orphanage, Max summons Chomp to fight it instead. Rajasaurus jumps down to fight, but Chomp rams it back again (into the building). It throws a rock and hits Chomp, but he shakes it off. Max activates Chomp's DinoTector form, while Shear gives Rajasaurus its Spectral Armor form. Rajasaurus bites at Chomp, but he throws it back (into the building) again, damaging a tower. Then Shear activates Blazing Spin Attack, and Rajasaurus throws Chomp into the building this time, hitting the same tower.
Chomp charges Rajasaurus, launching it into the air, hitting it and destroying its Spectral Armor with Lightning Strike, but it hits the building again in the same tower before dropping. Rajasaurus stands and roars one last time, as the top of the damaged tower falls onto it, finally defeating it. Max sneakily reclaims its card.
Max/Chomp win…half credit
- Rajasaurus dinosaur card
- Spectral Armor Rajasaurus dinosaur card
- Blazing Spin Attack move card (mentioned before, first usage)
-Spectre: "So, is my Detector complete yet?"
-Dr. Ancient: "E-yes. As a matter of fact"—(slips removed computer chip into his collar)—"I just finished up the final modifications."
-Spectre: "Good. I'm glad to see that you're finally taking your work seriously, Dr. Ancient. Hm?" (looks at Detector) "And you seriously outdid yourself with that new design. It's sooo pretty! I just love all the little friiills."
-Dr. Cretacia: "Thanks! We thought you would. The whole exterior was hammered together with parts we found lying around except for the reactor which is from your engine room and then I added vanilla cake frosting and wrapped it all in ribbon which was hard because without scissors I had to use my teeth like this—"
-Spectre: "Look, I said I liked it, I didn't ask for your life story, alright, sunshine? Why don't you go take a nap or something. And by the way, does it come in any smaller sizes? That thing needs its own valet."
- The episode's English title is based on the book and movie The French Connection.
- Despite the Alpha Gang being in underwear and towels before the theme song (as all their clothes are in the washing machine with the Red Cosmos Stone), after the theme song, they're suddenly fully clothed even before Helga takes the Cosmos Stone out, their old clothes still visible inside. It's possible there was a time gap in-story longer than a mere cutaway.
- The whole Renaissance Paris Arc is dedicated to the book The Three Musketeers, though it differs greatly in story.
- When the D-Team discuss the interaction of the Cosmos Stones, they noted that the Red Cosmos Stone seemed to strengthen Terry, but had the opposite effect on Ace. This is due to the interaction of the Attributes, since a Wind Dinosaur like Ace is weak to Fire, the Attribute that the Red Cosmos Stone represents.
- Despite them talking about it weakening Ace, however, Ace and Spiny had simply jumped out of the way, and as Genie had contained it with his Water Attribute, Spiny shouldn't have been affected, so why Ace was singled out as being weakened for doing the same thing is unclear. Perhaps the dub simply chose dialogue that was true for dinosaur Attributes in general but didn't match the scene.
- Notably, none of the dinos whose Elements aren't next to Fire were affected one way or another.
- When Chomp is first summoned and charges at Rajasaurus, he hits and launches it into the air with the same animation as Electric Charge. Chomp also throws Rajasaurus into the air before using Lightning Strike with the same animation as he did with Terry in Rhino or Dino? before he and Torosaurus also both used Lightning Strike.
- During Rajasaurus' battle with Chomp, an animation error causes the inside of Rajasaurus' mouth to briefly clip through the bottom of its jaws next to the neck, as seen in the picture above.
- In this episode, Shear is seen with several different handfuls of Dinosaur and Move Cards beyond Rajasaurus and Blazing Spin Attack, none of which were used here or later, but most had previously been used by the Space Pirates. Specifically, they were the Spectral Armor Dinosaur Cards of Megaraptor, Tuojiangosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Baryonyx, Jobaria, and Achelousaurus in one handful; the Spectral Armor Dinosaur Cards of Afrovenator, Pachyrhinosaurus again, Megalosaurus, Majungasaurus, Lanzhousaurus, and Diceratops in another; and a group of all Elements of Move Cards, of which only several copies of each Tail Smash and Ninja Attack are clearly seen.
- Rajasaurus still seemed somewhat battle-ready even after its Spectral Armor was destroyed. Gojirasaurus, Tuojiangosaurus, and Genie had also shortly survived their Armor's destruction; Gojirasaurus and Genie were barely able to stand before returning to their cards on their own, while Tuojiangosaurus was already caught in an attack sequence, making it difficult to tell if it could have continued.