While originally classified as an early theropod, it may also have been a very primitive sauropodomorph, could have existed before these two separate groups as an early saurischian, existed before the two main dinosaur branches split, or it may not be a true dinosaur (these last two are the least likely). In any case, there is no certainty, though the most recent studies lean towards sauropodomorpha.
- Name: Eoraptor lunensis
- Name Meaning: Dawn Thief
- Diet: Omnivore
- Length: 1 meter (3 feet)
- Time Period: Middle/Late Triassic
- Classification: Saurischia --> Theropoda?/Sauropodomorpha? (still debated)
- Place Found: Argentina
- Describer: Ricardo Martinez, 1997
Dinosaur King StatisticsEdit
- Attribute: Secret
- Sign: "?" (varies by form)
- Strength: 2000
- Technique: 3000
- Rock: ???
- Scissors: ???
- Paper: ???
- Type: Impact Type
- Arcade Nickname: 暁のプリンス (The Prince of Dawn)
- Transforms Into:
- Other: Eoraptor is never used to battle, instead transforming into another dinosaur before its stats are displayed, being named as "Eoraptor ([Element] Form)". Each form has a different Sign and can use Normal Moves or Super Moves of its Element. Same as other Secret Dinosaurs, its Super Moves can be equipped by swiping a Normal Move of that Sign which notes a suggested Technique. It and Brontikens are the two dinosaurs Spectre uses when his showdown arcade mode is selected; Eoraptor's form is random each time.
These Super Moves can be equipped for Eoraptor while using suggested Move Cards.
It was only available in the Japanese version.
- Attribute: Secret
- Owner: Dr. Z (Alpha Gang)
- Transforms Into:
- Other: Dr. Z fights against Max and Rex with an Eoraptor and two Saurophaganax in one of his revenge battles. This fossil can be obtained from Dinoman after obtaining the first 72 dinosaurs of the encyclopedia.
- Dr. Taylor's arcade comments:
- Original: げんざい発見されてる中でもっとも古い恐竜だ。恐竜のそせんともいわれている。
- Translation: It is the oldest dinosaur being discovered. It is also said to be the ancestors of dinosaurs.
- Eoraptor's Critical Move varies between its forms: Fire (Rock), Water (Scissors), Lightning (Paper), Earth (Rock), Grass (Scissors), and Wind (Paper).
- This matches the respective dinosaurs' Signs except for Saurophaganax and Styracosaurus (who should both be Scissors).
- On one of the Polacanthus cards, what appears to be a golden Eoraptor is seen, seemingly indicating that Eoraptor was an altered dinosaur and in result, it's skin color changed.
- Eoraptor and Pawpawsaurus are the only Secret Dinosaurs not to appear in the anime. However, Pawpawsaurus appeared in the anime as a Move Card dinosaur.
- As of the known half of Jurassic Clash, Eoraptor is also the only Secret Dinosaur to not appear in the TCG. It may be included in the 55 unknown cards, but this cannot be determined.
- Out of the three Triassic dinosaurs in the arcade (the other 2 being Gojirasaurus and Liliensternus), Eoraptor is the only one that is not a Wind Dinosaur, though it likely would be if it weren't Secret.
- In the DS Game, Eoraptor can be changed into another dinosaur by teaching it an elemental move; however it changes back after the turn.
- In the arcade game, it chooses its form at random at the start of the battle and keeps it, and cannot be influenced by giving it Super Moves of one Element (Secret Dinosaurs can't be given Super Moves). Eoraptor's different forms acquire their preset Super Moves via the Technique Normal Moves that other Secret Dinosaurs get their Secret Moves from.
- Eoraptor's ability to "evolve" into any dinosaur element might be seen as a parallel to Eevee from Pokémon, as the latter can evolve into a multitude of forms each representing a main type.
- However, the fact that it becomes other dinosaurs instead of unique forms is instead similar to another Pokémon, Ditto, which has no abilities except to transform into other Pokémon and battle as them, like Eoraptor (and is also purple).
- Also, the fact that it is the ancestor of all dinosaurs can be a parallel to Mew, who is the ancestor of all Pokémon and can also learn the move Transform, like Ditto.
- Oddly enough, Eoraptor can become Styracosaurus in both its arcade and DS versions, and Styracosaurus is also the only non-main dinosaur species the DS version can become, likely owing to its original prominent position within Lightning before the anime pushed Triceratops into its former place.
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Brontikens · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|