- Attribute: Normal
- Sign: Rock
- Usage Condition: This Move sometimes activates when you win at any Sign.
- Effect: A surge of energy increases your defense, reducing the amount of damage you take from hits!
- 5th Edition (New; 047-技; ft. Shantungosaurus)
- 2006 Winter Season Limited Edition (050-技; ft. Carcharodontosaurus)
- 6th Edition (055-技; ft. Triceratops)
- 2007 1st Edition (044-技; ft. Nodosaurus vs. Pachyrhinosaurus)
- 2007 1st Edition+ (044-技; ft. Nodosaurus vs. Pachyrhinosaurus)
- 2007 2nd Edition (060-技; ft. Iguanodon)
- 2007 3rd Edition (055-技; ft. Saichania)
- 2007 4th Edition (055-技; ft. Tarchia)
- 2007 4th Edition+ (064-技; ft. Tarchia)
- Gekizan 2nd Edition (039-技; ft. Neovenator)
- Gekizan 3rd Edition (038-技; ft. Charonosaurus vs. Gorgosaurus)
- Kakushin 3rd Edition (021-技; ft. Nodosaurus vs. unknown)
- 3rd Edition (New; 047-Move; ft. Shantungosaurus)
- 4th Edition (050-Move; ft. Carcharodontosaurus)
- 5th Edition (055-Move; ft. Triceratops)
- Series 2 1st Edition (044-Move; ft. Nodosaurus vs. Pachyrhinosaurus)
- Series 2 2nd Edition (060-Move; ft. Iguanodon)
- Series 2 3rd Edition (055-Move; ft. Saichania)
- Series 2 4th Edition (064-Move; ft. Tarchia)
- 3rd Edition (New; 050-招; ft. Carcharodontosaurus)
- 4th Edition (055-招; ft. Triceratops)
- New 1st Edition (044-招; ft. Nodosaurus vs. Pachyrhinosaurus)
- New 2nd Edition (060-招; ft. Iguanodon)
- New 3rd Edition (055-招; ft. Saichania)
- New 4th Edition (064-招; ft. Tarchia)
- New 5th Edition (061-招; ft. Shantungosaurus)
- Attribute: Normal
- Card Code: DKCG-085/160
- Card Rarity: Common
- Image From: 07 1st(+) arcade card
- +400 or +700; If it's your opponent's turn, the Dinosaur that uses this Move gains +700 Power instead of +400.
- In the arcade game, "Defense Boost" and "Defense Burst" are different cards, but the only difference is that Defense Burst is a stronger version that only activates if you win against your opponent's critical move.
- The only true way to tell them apart is by looking at their Japanese names: the last character of "Defense Boost" looks like a curved "7" with a degree sign (°) attached to the top right corner; the third to last character of "Defense Burst" is a long dash (—).
- Artwork from one of Defense Boost's various arcade cards is seen on the TCG Move Card Simulation.
- This Move can only be used twice for a Dinosaur. This mechanic is similar to Attack Boost/Burst, Defense Burst, Leaellyn Cure, Technique Boost, and Elemental Power.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.