Coelophysoidea was a group of primitive theropods that were once thought to be ceratosaurians, but are no longer classified with them. They are physically similar to coelurosaurs and dilophosaurids, but aren't closely related to either group. They potentially represent a third independent group of neotheropods (Theropoda minus most primitive members) independent of Ceratosauria and Tetanurae, but being mainly from the Triassic, fossil evidence is sparse and unclear, and many were named for stray bone fragments.
Being small theropods, coelophysoids are Wind Dinosaurs.
- Dolichosuchus cristatus (dubious)
- Gojirasaurus quayi (dubious)
- Halticosaurus longotarsus (might be Coelophysis)
- Podokesaurus holyokensis (might be Coelophysis species)
- Powellvenator podocitus
- Procompsagnathus triassicus
- Pterospondylus trielbae (dubious)