Although Spectral Armor Bronto/Brontikens' species is Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus, it is not an altered form of Brontosaurus despite wearing upgraded Spectral Armor. It is an armored version created by Seth and programmed into his card. Though it is an upgrade form in the arcade, manga, and TCG, it is his default and only full-sized form in the anime.
- Species: Apatosaurus
- Name: Bronto-chan
- Owner: Spectre (Spectral Space Pirates)
- Attribute: Water
- Sign: Paper
- Strength: 2000
- Technique: 800
- Paper (Critical): 700
- Rock/Scissors: 500
- Type: Recovery Type
- Card Rarity: Silver
- Arcade Nickname: 邪悪なる巨竜 (The Evil Giant)
- Ultimate Move: Spectral Destroy
Like all armored dinosaurs, it was only available in the Japanese version.
- Kakushin 2nd Edition (New; JA10-竜; Recovery Type)
- Kakushin 6th Edition Hyper Battle Museum (JA21-竜; Recovery Type)
- Species: Apatosaurus
- Name: Bronto-chan (original Japanese), Brontikens (English dub)
- Attribute: Secret
- Owner: Spectre (Spectral Space Pirates), D-Team/Alpha Gang (probably)
- Debut: Coliseum Clash (pet sized), The Forestfire Effect (full-size/armored)
- Dinosaurs Defeated: None
- Defeated by: Chomp, Ace & Paris (In a Fusion Move)
- Other: Brontikens' Spectral Armor form was his only full-sized form seen in the anime. He can use Spectral Destroy only while in this form. In the anime, this form is a Secret Dinosaur, and surprisingly, its card isn't purple like all other dinosaurs with Spectral Armor (including other Secret Dinosaur cards), but colored with the gray/yellow gradient of a regular Secret Dinosaur.
- Spectral Destroy (Jark Destroyer)
- Two "arms" extend from the armor on Brontikens's sides and form a near circular arc over his back. Energy is charged up in six colored balls embedded in the "arms", then it is transferred to a large armor spike on Brontikens's neck, and then unleashed in a massive beam that destroys his opponent!
- Species: Apatosaurus
- Element: Secret
- Icon: Paper
- Power: 2500
- Level: -
- Life: 4
- Card Code: DKJC-0??/100
- Card Rarity: Thai Common
- Image From: Ep. 77 anime scene
- Other: As a Special Dinosaur, it can only be summoned by being placed onto its unarmored version and is likely locked to Spectre's Character Card. Because the card is only available in Thai, it isn't clear if its name reads "Apatosaurus", "Brontosaurus", "Brontikens", or another option or variation (owing to being a Special Dinosaur, it is likely some "Brontikens/Bronto" variant, depending on the translation).
- Abilities: (unreadable on only known image)
Throughout the second season, Brontikens is often seen sitting in his chibi form on Spectre's lap, usually doing little more than being petted or biting at Spectre's fingers and handkerchief. He's the only one who seems to like Spectre's singing, and Spectre will gladly sing for him at the displeasure of everyone else.
Spectre first summoned him full-sized (directly into his Spectral Armor) in The Forestfire Effect in the Stone Age to fight against the D-Team's dinosaurs when he was looking for the Black Cosmos Stone, finally annoyed enough at his underlings' failures at fighting them to intervene himself. After a cliffhanger, Brontikens easily fought off Paris and Ace before turning his attention to the volcano the Cosmos Stone was inside of. After knocking Chomp away and almost crushing the Alpha Gang, he used Spectral Destroy to break inside, but that made the volcano erupt, forced everyone to call their dinosaurs back and retreat.
In Clash for the Cosmos Stones, he was summoned out to become super-charged by the Dark Pterosaur like the Space Pirates' other dinosaurs. Then in the finale, he and the other main dinosaurs attacked the D-Team's city with their Spectral Moves. After the other three main dinosaurs were defeated, Brontikens was also called into the Dark Pterosaur to defend it and attacked the D-Team's dinosaurs with Spectral Destroy, but the attack was blocked by the Pterosaur. He was defeated when Chomp, Ace, and Paris combined their Ultimate Moves, and his card flew down past the camera. What happened to it after this is unclear, but it was probably reclaimed by the D-Team/Alpha Gang.
Brontikens appears in a poorly-documented Pterosaur Legends-based volume of the manga under Spectre's control, able to be summoned into his regular and Spectral Armor forms separately. His Attribute in this media is Water.
- This form's Element is Water in the arcade game and the manga, but is Secret everywhere else.
- Embedded in its Spectral Armor are eight small, colored balls, whose colors correspond to the 7 Cosmos Stones (there are two black ones right next to each other at the base of a large armor spike on its neck). The other six are arranged in a circular pattern on the two armor "arms" on its sides, and their colors match the order of the six Elements defeating each other (yellow for Lightning, then blue for Water, then red/orange for Fire, then white/light blue for Wind, then green for Grass, then purple for Earth, then back to yellow for Lightning, again).
- Brontikens is the only Space Pirates main dinosaur who appears in the manga.
- In the manga, Bontikiens is directly equipped with his Spectral Armor when he is first summoned, however, he no longer wears it when he appears for the second time.
- Brontikens was the only Secret Dinosaur in the anime not to use any of its Secret Moves; he did use Spectral Destroy, but that was a built-in ability of his Spectral Armor.
- He and Cryolophosaurus are the only anime main dinosaurs that did not defeat a dinosaur, but as Rex said, Brontikens was one of the strongest dinosaurs in the series.
- He was likely one of the first dinosaurs that Seth created for the Space Pirates, since Seth still wore his Alpha Gang outfit when Brontikens was seen sitting on Spectre's lap in a flashback.
- Possibly incidental dialogue may imply that Brontikens was with the Pirates while chasing the asteroid before it brought the Cosmos Stones to Earth and sent their ship into the Time Vortex, meaning before they even met Seth, though Spectre may instead have been referring to chasing a different asteroid since then.
|p · e · t||Main Dinosaurs|
|D-Team:||Chomp (Max) · Ace (Rex) · Paris (Zoe)|
|Alpha Gang:||Terry · Spiny · Tank|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Brontikens (Spectre) · Gigas (Gabbro) · Armatus (Foolscap) · Maximus (Shear) · Eocarcharia (Goma)|
|Seth:||Saurophaganax · Black Tyrannosaurus · Cryolophosaurus|
|p · e · t||Water Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Agustinia · Amargasaurus · Ampelosaurus · Baryonyx · Camarasaurus · Cetiosaurus · Dicraeosaurus · Futabasaurus · Gondwanatitan · Irritator · Isisaurus · Jobaria · Nemegtosaurus · Opisthocoelicaudia · Patagosaurus · Saltasaurus · Seismosaurus · Shunosaurus · Spinosaurus · Suchomimus · Titanosaurus|
|Move Card:||Futabasaurus · Ophthalmosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Amargasaurus/Alpha · Amargasaurus/Armor · Baryonyx/Armor · Baryonyx/Super · Brontosaurus/Armor · Camarasaurus/Super · Dicraeosaurus/Super · Irritator/Alpha · Isisaurus/Armor · Jobaria/Armor · Nemegtosaurus/Alpha · Opisthocoelicaudia/Super · Shunosaurus/Armor · Spinosaurus/Armor · Spinosaurus/Black · Spinosaurus/Super · Spiny/Armor · Spiny/Super · Suchomimus/Alpha · Titanosaurus/Super|
|Main:||Spiny · Genie|
|p · e · t||Secret Dinosaurs|
|Normal:||Brontosaurus · Cryolophosaurus · Deinonychus · Eoraptor · Megalosaurus · Pachycephalosaurus · Pawpawsaurus · Therizinosaurus|
|Main:||Brontikens · Cryolophosaurus|
|Altered/Armored:||Brontosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Therizinosaurus/Super|
|p · e · t||Spectral Armor Dinosaurs|
|Arcade:||Gigas/Armor · Maximus/Armor · Armatus/Armor · Brontosaurus/Armor · Eocarcharia/Armor|
|* * *|
|Anime:||Torvosaurus/Armor · Shunosaurus/Armor · Majungasaurus/Armor · Yangchuanosaurus/Armor · Edmontonia/Armor · Diceratops/Armor · Jobaria/Armor · Megaraptor/Armor · Shantungosaurus/Armor · Mapusaurus/Armor · Achelousaurus/Armor · Carcharodontosaurus/Armor · Lanzhousaurus/Armor · Gojirasaurus/Armor · Megalosaurus/Armor · Deinonychus/Armor · Baryonyx/Armor · Tuojiangosaurus/Armor · Pentaceratops/Armor · Afrovenator/Armor · Pachyrhinosaurus/Armor · Lexovisaurus/Armor · Isisaurus/Armor · Rajasaurus/Armor · Anchiceratops/Armor · Gigas/Armor · Ankylosaurus/Armor · Armatus/Armor · Maximus/Armor · Brontosaurus/Armor|
|* * *|
|TCG-only:||Euoplocephalus/Armor · Iguanodon/Armor|
|* * *|
|p · e · t||Silver Rare Arcade Dinosaurs|
|Fire:||Carcharodontosaurus (1st) · Daspletosaurus (2nd)|
|Water:||Amargasaurus (1st) · Titanosaurus (2nd) · Agustinia (3rd)|
|Lightning:||Pachyrhinosaurus (1st) · Anchiceratops (2nd)|
|Earth:||Stegosaurus (1st) · Tarchia (2nd) · Gigantspinosaurus (3rd)|
|Grass:||Lambeosaurus (1st) · Altirhinus (2nd) · Charonosaurus (3rd) · Prosaurolophus (4th) · Lanzhousaurus (5th)|
|Wind:||Utahraptor (1st) · Majungasaurus (2nd)|
|Other:||Jobaria · Gigas · Maximus · Armatus|
|Altered/Armor:||Allosaurus/Alpha · Chasmosaurus/Alpha · Kentrosaurus/Alpha · Gigas/Armor · Maximus/Armor · Armatus/Armor · Brontosaurus/Armor|