The A-Team (or "Alpha Trio") is the sub-group of the Alpha Gang consisting of Ursula, Zander, and Ed, who usually try to capture wild dinosaurs, but more often than not fail miserably. The actual term "A-Team" is only used once or so in the show, as they typically only use the name "Alpha Gang" for themselves, even though that term could also imply several other members.
Ursula is the "boss" of the A-Team. She bosses the other two around like slaves and dislikes doing the work unless provoked, or if the other two are unable to fulfill the duty. Her running gag is her ability to hear the phrase "Old Lady" from anywhere in the world. She often summons Terry, but will just as easily summon Spiny, and sometimes Tank.
Zander is the one who pays for all the Alpha Trio's missions. Usually, though, the missions fail. He typically summons Spiny, rarely using any other dinosaur.
Ed is not as smart as Ursula and Zander (not saying much), and sometimes doesn't understand figures of speech, taking things quite literally. A running gag is that Ed jinxes the team by predicting good fortune or likely bad outcomes, and is called out for that. He almost always summons Tank, but is the least likely of the three to summon a dinosaur to battle.
"A-Team" was seemingly coined by Ursula in one episode without having heavy usage before or after. It was likely meant to refer to them being the "superior" or "#1" Alpha Gang members, swooping in to save the mission after Rod and Laura had just lost a dino battle (which they immediately failed by losing control of Megalosaurus). It also references the "A" of Alpha Gang and parallels the "D-Team" name.
In the real world, The A-Team was a popular classic TV show, though that A-Team had the opposite success rate as the Alpha Trio.
- Name: The Alpha Gang
- Team: Alpha Gang
- Card Codes: DKAA-076/100, SAS-067/100
- Card Rarities: Gold Rare (DKAA), Silver Rare (SAS)
- Image From (DKAA): Ep. 25 anime scene
- Image From (SAS): Ep. 68 anime scene
- Other: Like in the anime, the Alpha Gang name is used to apply only to the Alpha Trio.
- (DKAA) If you have "Terry (Battle Mode)", "Spiny (Battle Mode)", and "Tank (Battle Mode)" in play, this turn each of them has 2000 Power and gains the ability [Bite]. (When this Dinosaur wins a battle during your turn, your opponent loses 1 extra Life Point.) You can include "Terry", "Spiny", and "Tank" in your deck if you are using this Character.
- (SAS) Pick a "Terry", "Spiny", or "Tank" from your deck and put it into your hand. If your opponent has a Special Dinosaur in play, you can move an additional "Terry", "Spiny", or "Tank" from your deck to your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. You can include "Terry", "Spiny", and "Tank" in your deck if you are using this Character.
|p · e · t||Main Characters|
|D-Team:||Max Taylor · Rex Owen · Zoe Drake · Spike Taylor · Reese Drake|
|Alpha Gang:||Dr. Z · Ursula · Zander · Ed · Rod · Laura · Helga|
|Spectral Space Pirates:||Spectre · Gavro · Foolscap · Sheer · Goma|
|Others:||Seth (left Alpha Gang and Spectral Space Pirates)|